Autumn is coming ~ White Chicken Chili ~ Just in time!

Today is the last day of August! You know what that means…Autumn is coming. I just can’t tell you how tickled I am about Autumn. It’s the beginning of a very busy season. One that goes from September to the first week in January.

This week I start tucking away all the sea blue and sandy colored decorations I put out in celebration of Summer.  Autumn decorating is my second favorite only after Christmas. I adore the colors of Autumn, pumpkin orange…sunflower yellow.

I also start planning upcoming events. There is a fall festival or two and  a huge Autumn Family Party complete with a pumpkin carving contest and a bountiful lunch. Then the festivities surrounding Thanksgiving, like Thanksgiving lunch at Baby Sister’s and Black Friday Shopping on the day after.  And December is absolutely full of fun things. This is the season that you won’t hear any apologies from me regarding my love of only doing fun things…this is the fun time of year Peeps.

I’m finishing out August with an easy crock pot recipe. If you haven’t tried this already, you’re going to LOVE it.  If you have this already in your recipe box…this is a reminder, pull it out and use it! (You can add other things to this if you want, but this is the easy-peasy version)

dsc_4603

White Chicken Chili

* 3 chicken breasts

* 3 cans Great Northern Beans

* 2 jars med. hot salsa

* small block of montery jack cheese (cubed small)

Use a crock-pot liner…put in the chicken breasts, beans, and salsa. Cook on low for 8 hours.

Take chicken out of crock-pot and shred with 2 forks.

Put chicken back in and add cheese…cook for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve with Fritos!

YUM…

This is too easy to be good but it’s GREAT. The whole house will be full of this amazing aroma in a matter of  a few hours.

ps… all my recipes are located in the right column All Things pull down: Under :  All Things Yumalicious

Comments

Oh Julie…you MUST get the crock pot liners…they are in the isle with the baggies and foil. They are a miracle….you’ll never have to scrub a crock pot again, they fit inside and you just take them and throw them out when you’re done and rinse out the crock pot!!!!

What would I do without these fabulous tips of yours… adding to my list, crockpot liners! Who knew :) This does sound like a great go-to recipe for big flavor and not a lot of fuss.

BTW, guess what we discovered in Fargo the other night… a Moe’s! We all just loved it, its everything you said it was and the boys are asking to go back again already. Typically we love Qdoba, but Moe’s had a different flavor profile that was equally as good.
    .-= Vicky´s last blog ..Have you taken any chances lately? =-.

2. Pinky says

Thanks so much for telling us abour crock pot liners!!!!!!!!!!! I will get some tomorrow! I ADORE Fall, the decorating, the colors, the crisp air, a cute jacket, I could go ON and ON! I ahve been sweating ALL summer cause of no AC…..AAAGGGHHH, so am looking forward to some nice cooler weather. NEVER thought I would say that: summer USED to be my favorite season. I just wish I could skip WINTER:):):) I WILL try this super easy recipe! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pinky:)

This looks and sounds delicious! One of my favorite things about cooler weather is being able to use my Crock-pot more. My husband and I love soups and stews and will have to give this one a try. :) I have a different version of Sloppy Joes on my blog today. Stop over if you want the recipe.
    .-= pam´s last blog ..Recipe Monday =-.

Hello Robin – all I can say is YUM-O! I am a huge crock pot recipe lover and will have to try this one out on my family. And Fritos? They are awesome. Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,
    Marie

White chicken chili is one of our absolute favorites. Thanks so much for posting to Crock Pot Wednesday. I really appreciate you. I hope to see you here each week.

I just clicked over from Dining with Debbie to check out your chicken chili. It sounds so easy. I’m just learning about crock pots and I’ve never had one. My sister-in-law gave us a tiny one to use at our pied de terre during the winter so I’m looking for good recipes. What is a crock pot liner?
    Sam
    .-= My Carolina Kitchen´s last blog ..Backstage with Julia by Nancy Verde Barr – a delightful behind the scenes look at life with Julia =-.

1. [...] If you visit me at all you probably know I’m on Weight Watcher’s Online. So is The Husband. He thought up this recipe. It’s so yumilicious Peeps. And it’s low calorie and low fat. For a cup and a half it’s only 6 Weight Watcher’s points. It’s filling and you feel like you’ve eaten something really good! We started with the White Chicken Chili recipe I posted here! [...]