Craft Room Reveal!

We finished my Craft Room on Willow Creek! I’m pretty tickled with it!  Here is a post with some before pictures. It was good before but there wasn’t enough work space, soooo…we moved the love seat and added a table and a couple of shelves that The Husband made years ago…

I love the color of my shelves! I wrote about the color and the fabulous Behr Paint with Primer HERE!

Shelves

I’ve surrounded myself with things that inspire me…like these paintings my mom did. She never showed me these portraits, not sure why.

DSC_0064

I have loads of pretty storage for my one million necessary items!

DSC_0066

I found a set of queen size sheets in the most scrumptious pattern. I used them to cover a couple of the tables…

Mom’s paintings are on every wall, they make me feel like she’s close by…

DSC_0095

I got a couple of yards of the clear table covering at Hobby Lobby to protect my pretty fabric.

DSC_0096

The Husband covered the closet doors with cork-board for me! (posted HERE) I love it!

DSC_0106

And inside the closet I have more practical ( but unattractive) storage for paints and ribbons and sewing notions and paper crafts…and bunches of other fun things!

DSC_0077

Isn’t this GREAT? I love it!

DSC_0075

DSC_0076

The ironing board is covered with a quilt so I can store more goodies underneath…all of the tables have storage drawers underneath! I’m packed in here like you wouldn’t beelieve! (The pups love the pillows I covered in cozy chenille!)

DSC_0099 On top of the tables, I try to keep it pretty… I so love pretty.

Sewing collage

And onto another subject I soooo love…

I Love Paint Collage

Fun-Room Overview

Another source of inspiration for me…the pups and our wild cat, Reba…We hang out in here all day on most days, they love this room as much as I do!

Ollie

~Live Creative Friends~

*****

Now that we’ve moved into the new (old) house on Stone House Lane, I have to update my craft room again! That’s on the To-do list!

Comments

Wow, Robin, your creative space is full of practical AND pretty storage ideas! I love it. And those shelves your husband made look gorgeous in the Behr paint with primer! You have created a fantastic work/play space. I’d never want to leave it, especially since you’ve made it cosy for all the pets, too! Perfection. xo
    .-= Gigi´s last blog ..O is for . . . =-.

2. Julie Garmon says

A Masterpiece of lovliness! I was so moved by your mother’s portraits–that she hadn’t shown them to you and she probably wasn’t happy with them. AND THEY ARE SOOOOO GOOD! I think God’s trying to tell me something–not sure exactly what….

So much love,
    J

I just want to come and hang out in the fun room! What a feast for the eyes… visual treasures every where. Your creativity knows no bounds! I feel so comforted and warm leaving here today, like I’ve just been hugged by you :)
    .-= Vicky´s last blog ..I am doing this =-.

4. Ann says

What a jewel box of a room! I absolutely love everything. One thing that you didn’t mention, but maybe not new, are your drapes. They are so beautiful- did you make those also?
    I read your posts each day before going out.
    Thank you so much.

5. grammycarolynn says

Oh! Your “fun room” is just wonderful! First of all, your pink and green colors are so soft and inviting! I can just imagine you spending hours and hours creating beautiful things. Your baskets are so sweet and practical. I surely like the way you have covered your work tables. Did you make your curtains….they are so much fun! I love the fringe! And, last, but not least…..I LOVE your precious little furry companions. No “fun room” is complete without one or two little buddies!
    Thanks for sharing! I am inspired to get into my “sewing room/sandbox” and play today!

I love your new and improved “Fun-Room”, Robin! When we retire and move to a new home…this is the type of craft room I would love to have! Your Mom was very talented. It must be where you get it from! Enjoy your “Fun-Room” and have a great week!
    .-= Eileen´s last blog ..Palm Sunday =-.

7. Pinky says

What a GREAT space and you (and Mike) made it beautiful too!!!!! The storage is fantastic and your Mother’s painting are lovely! I am so glad you have them and are using them! Have a wonderful week, my friend! XO, Pinky PS, we used the Behr paint with primer too….Joe made me all new window boxes (9 of them) and instead of staining them to match the decks he painted them black! I LOOOVE them!

8. MichelleH says

So pretty! I think I shorted my keyboard by drooling on it. I want to come play in your gorgeous new playroom. Wonderful job creating a beautiful and functional space!

9. Beverly Atkins says

Love your re-do! It looks like heaven. BUT your little dog looks so much like my Callie. Callie is a rescue dog and is probably a Maltese/Poodle mix. She curls up just like your little dog and looks at me over her tail too! I just wish my craft room looked that good!

Oh, your helpers are beautiful! I have to leave space on my work table for my quality control checker….someday my room will be neat enough to take pics of…someday!

That is one very pretty, beautifully organized space. I need something like that. You gave me some very creative ideas. Thanks and Happy EAster to you and yours. Hugs, Cindy S

What an awesome room…mine is being used as a storage room for all the extra furniture from the sale of our beach house:( Maybe one day my girls will haul it all off with them:) Hope you have a wonderful Easter with your family and enjoy your awesome room!

Blessings,
    Linda

13. Patsy Kruebbe says

Hi,

I love your pink toile curtains. Can you tell me, did you make them or buy them ready made? I need some and need to go if I need to sew some or if I can find them ready made. Thanks so much.

I love your craft room and love the place for the dogs. My little dog will have to have a place in my new craft room. Your rooms are so pretty as always.
    Jen