Cute Valentine’s Day Mailbox!

If you’re new here, it’s so nice to meet you! I’d love for you to hang out with me more often! You can follow on your reader (RSS) or by email! xo

A little Valentine’s Day paper craft! You know I love all the beautiful paper out there, but I don’t scrapbook, so I’m always looking for something fun to do with it.  Here’s something fun and easy! If my kids were still at home I’d use this for a little decoration and then fill it with Valentine surprises for them…

Start with a paper mache mailbox. I found mine at Hobby Lobby but I think Michael’s has them too.

The fun part! Go paper shopping. I used these colors in honor of Valentine’s Day!

I used a pencil to outline where I needed to cut the paper and then used my favorite thing in all the world…Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the box!

Valentine's-MailboxWhen all the paper is in place I put another coat of Mod Podge all over! I also added a little sticker to the flag and I used my glue gun to add some rick-rack!

Have a lovely day my friends ~ ox

1. Dad~. says

Hi Julie ~ How was it back there in Childhood…..?? :)
    No need to answer here, just write a book and tell all about it!

Adorable! There are always so many things I want to make and I never get around to it. Maybe I can make one of these. It’s a great idea to make one for the kids and put a Valentine’s surprise inside. :)

That is so cute and makes me realize that Valentines day is not that far away. Can you believe that we are almost at the end of the first month of 2010?

This reminds me of the mailbox Valentine collection box I made once in grade school.

Except of course for the part where yours is elegant and mine was – – – – well – – – – not.

Gina, The one in the picture was $3.99 and they had 2 other sizes one bigger and one smaller costing $1.00 more or less!

What a great idea! I just purchased several of these at Target’s Dollar Spot. I am using them for my daughter’s b-day party tomorrow. I hope that I have a few extras! I am now inspired!

Oh I love this!! So much better than the boxes I used to make them with :) Thanks so much for coming and linking up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings!! Make sure to come by tomorrow for a giveaway!! :)

8. Brenda Osborne says

Wow and Wow again!! These projects really got a lot of comments and why not……….all of them are very cute for Valentine’s Day.
    I especially liked the mailbox, but M & M would like to do one of the “BUTTON” crafts. Thank you for being so talented and sharing it with others!

Love ya,