Chocolate Nests with Tiny Eggs!

Wanna make something easy and cute AND yummy…these Chocolate Nests with Tiny Eggs are both!

These are super easy and really kinda fun to make! Wouldn’t they be cute to have at each place-setting on Easter Sunday!?

This is probably a recipe you already have but I do a little something different…

Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies…(Nests!)

1 Bag of  TINY Robin Eggs (Candy coated Chocolate-Malted eggs)

2 Cups sugar

**Less Than~1/2 Cup Cocoa (Nests turn out a lighter color if you use a little less than 1/2 cup!)

1 Stick butter (8 Tablespoons)

1/2 Cup milk

1  1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla

3 Cups Oats (Add a hand-full more if the consistency is too runny.)

3/4 Cups Peanut Butter

**2 Palm-fulls of Butterscotch Chips** (you can omit this…but it’s yummy!)

Combine sugar, cocoa, butter and milk over medium heat.

When mixture starts a roiling boil, stir and boil for one full minute.

Remove from heat…

Stir in: vanilla, oats, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips.

***Complete one nest and egg cookie at a time***

On wax paper…

Use an ice-cream scoop to make small balls and shape carefully and quickly  into little nests.

Add 2 or 3 tiny Robin Eggs…press to secure the eggs!

Happy Tuesday Before Easter Peeps!

Happy Weekend my friends…xo

Comments

1. TeresaL says

I forgot all about making these, thank you for the reminder and the beautiful photos! I’m going to make these for my grandchildren.

Love these! I’ve seen similar “nests” made with coconut flake. I am not a fan of coconut flake. But these . . . I will definitely be trying this recipe!

Thanks for sharing :o)

Those are my husband’s favorite cookies, I see some bird nests in his future. I think I’ll add the butterscotch chips too, he will love that idea.

Oh sweetie these look yummy!!! I have been making rice crispies this week now I am trying to diet , but it is hard when the kids are on spring break! Thanks for visiting, your comments made my day. Your blog is beautiful too and your pictures are soooo nice!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

5. Vickie says

Look and sound yummy – can’t wait to make these for my grandchildren for Easter! Thanks for sharing.

When I first saw these from the Tatertots and Jello blog the nest looked like another goodie. :o) Very cute! I think I’ll use the concept and make Cocoa Krispies treats with jelly bean eggs. THANKS FOR SHARING!

Ooooooh! I need to make these for the nieces and nephews! I love your addition of butterscotch chips. I love visiting you, Robin. Thanks for always inspiring. Happy Spring, my friend! xoxo Gigi

I’m so glad to see this!! I have seen so many coconut and chinese noodle bird nest treats, but I know my kids won’t eat those. I’ve been wondering if no-bakes would work just as well. Now I see that they do indeed! I will be making these for sure : )

About how many does this make? my daughter has to take a snack for school just wanted to make sure this recipe would make plenty or do I need to double?

Jenna…it depends on how big you make them…I make about 2 – 2 1/2 dozen…but the recipe can easily get 3 dozen if you don’t make them into nests! xo

10. Debe says

Love these…I am making them to go with my daughters “owl theme” party. I am hoping to find the”eggs” in September !!!