Planning an Inside Playhouse!

The Husband and I are working on our newest DIY project,  the tiny granddaughters bedroom!

We want the room to be functional with a twin bed and a baby bed and some shelving, but also to have some fun elements!

I’ve been gathering inspiration on Pinterest for quite awhile and kept showing The Husband…

(from tumbler,my idea home)

(Apartment Therapy)

(Pawleys Island Posh)

(AnnaWhite Homemaker)

(AnnaWhite Homemaker)

(flickr)

(The Handmade Home)

I’m a little nervous about the loft beds and the room is tiny (about 10×11) so a free-standing playhouse is out of the question, but that husband of mine never gives up. The other night he came home and said: “I’ve got it! Lets do a playhouse in the closet!

Perfect!

We don’t have to have a closet in that room because the babies don’t live here! We’re doing built in shelving so I can store diapers and  pj’s and toys in baskets on the shelves! I ran to Pinterest to see if I could find another closet playhouse…

Yes! Sandra did hers in a playroom, which would work great for those of you that have one!

(Sawdust and Paper Scraps)

Saturday I cleaned out the closet, which was out of control. I threw away a giant construction trash bag full of junk, while The Husband sketched out plans for our little playhouse and made trips to The Home Depot!

We had to paint the room first so he’s just barely gotten started…here’s a sneak peek:

I’m so excited! It’s gonna be adorable!

~Happy Monday Friends~

Comments

What a fantastic idea Robin! Having a husband who is so handy and can make your ideas come to life is such a blessing! Your granddaughters are going to want to spend the night at your house often! :0)

2. Paula Chaffin says

When I have grandchildren, I want to be like you! What a smart idea and they will enjoy it for years to come!

Oh girl you did it!!! What a cute room it will be. I am so excited to see the finished product. Don’t you just love Pinterest? I have to limit myself to only a few minutes each day or I can be on there all day long. Great post.
    Debbie

Oh I can’t wait to see the finished project! Those girls are so lucky to have such an involved Gigi and Poppa! My own boys would think this was super cool and I could see them hanging out in it too :)

5. Brenda Osborne says

There is no end to the creativity going on at your house! Wow and Wow again. :)
    This is such a clever idea and I love it. Can’t wait to see the finished product~

YOu 2 are amazing! It will be so adorable, I knoe. My Joe made Tracy a loft bed when she was little so we could store her “kitchen” etc. under the bed and she would ahve room to play. It was a behomoth of a bed and it moved here for about a year then went to a cousins. She LOVED it though! It is hard to make the bed but of well. Have fun. XO, Pinky