Have you ever tried Private Selection Finishing Butters?
I hadn’t until my friends at Private Selection asked me to try their finishing butters and use them in a couple of recipes…and WOW was I ever over-the-top excited to tell you about how delicious they are!
****And for my friends with Celiac Disease, these butters are gluten free****
You’ll find these butters at your local Kroger. The savories: Lemon, Garlic & Herbs, Lemon Pepper and Roasted Garlic & Herbs. Plus, the sweets: Honey, Cinnamon Brown Sugar and Caramel Sea Salt.
We’ve been using the butters for weeks, the Cinnamon Brown Sugar on sweet potatoes, The Husband uses the Honey on diner rolls ….there’s no end to the way you can use these butters!
I’ve put together a couple of easy recipes you might like to try this holiday season and at the end of the post those good folks at Private Selection are sponsoring a giveaway including a $100.00 Kroger gift card & a set of their finishing butters!
First, The Husband and I love to have Christmas Movie Nights with our tiny granddaughters and I thought I’d make some easy Caramel Corn using the Caramel Sea Salt Finishing Butter!
This recipe is so easy, you only need a container of the Caramel Sea Salt Finishing Butter, brown sugar, dark karo syrup, baking soda, salt, vanilla…oh! And popcorn! (I have a printable version at the end of the post!)
I added a few peanut butter candies and had the BEST movie night!!! This Caramel Corn would be so nice as a gift…add some to a cute paper bag and attach your favorite family night movie!
If The Husband and I don’t have the tiny granddaughters on the weekend we always make time for a date night. When it’s cold outside we’d rather stay in and cook at home…the other night The Husband cooked filets on the grill and we added the Lemon Garlic & Herb Finishing Butter to the sizzling steak. I CAN NOT tell you how melt in your mouth amazing that steak was!!!! The Husband’s eyes got huge as he chewed that first bite… “I’ll never use steak sauce again”.
( I can’t say enough about how delicious this is on steak.) We also cooked the mushrooms in the Roasted Garlic & Herbs Finishing Butter- the finishing butter added a wonderful depth of flavor to the mushrooms.
Do you guys have any ideas for using the finishing butters??? Please tell me in a comment and you could win a $100.00 Kroger Gift Card and a set of 3 Savory & 3 Sweet Private Selection Finishing Butter!
Sea Salt Caramel Popcorn
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 container of Caramel Sea Salt Finishing Butter by Private Selection
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popped popcorn into large brown paper bag and set aside
- In a microwave safe bowl- heat the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, salt and vanilla for 3 minutes. Take it out and stir until well blended.
- Return to microwave and cook for 1 and 1/2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir in the baking soda.
- Pour syrup over the popcorn in the bag. Roll down the top once or twice to close the bag and shake to coat the popcorn. Place bag into the microwave and cook for 1 minute and 10 seconds. Remove , shake, flip the bag over and return to the microwave. Cook for another 1 minute and 10 seconds.
- Pour out the popcorn onto waxed paper and let cool until coating is set!
- Put in a movie and enjoy your night!