I just put together a new chili recipe… Creamy Chicken Chili.
It’s been so cold here in the deep south of the US. In the winter months The Husband and I eat comfort foods like chili and soups every week.
I make about 5 different kinds of chili but since my favorite thing on a cold day is having a big pot of chili simmering on the stove I am always trying to come up with new ways to make my fave!
Last week I wanted to use chicken and wanted the chili to be creamy dreamy so I added Kroger Cream Cheese/Greek Yogurt Mix! It was just delicious!!!
I’ve been using Greek yogurt in lots of things so when I started my weekly pot of chili, I thought…why not? We LOVED this, I think it would be good in tomato bisque or black bean soup…have you ever used Greek yogurt in your recipes, if so I’d love to hear about your experience!
Enjoy and stay souper cozy this winter sweet friends xo
More yummy winter soup recipes HERE under All Things Souper Cozy
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into pieces
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- salt / pepper
- 1 28 ounce diced tomatoes
- 1 10 ounce can Rotel Tomatoes
- 3 Cans Great Northern Beans-don't drain
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 12 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper or to taste
- Add oil to a stock pot and saute onion and garlic..when onion is transparent add chicken breasts and cook on medium until it's browned and cooked through.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the Kroger Greek Yogurt/Cream Cheese ...stir and simmer for 30 minutes and add Greek Yogurt/Cream Cheese and stir until it's melted...
- You can then turn down heat and simmer for a few more minutes or go ahead and serve! I serve with cheese and corn chips! Enjoy sweet friends ox