We just had our big family party last Saturday. I love to send everyone home with a party favor at the end of the night. Last year it was a tiny bell, to remind everyone to pray for each other during the year…
I wrote about the “Symphony of the Tiny Bell” HERE.
This year I’m loving living cozy. In my Smilebox invite to the party, I asked everyone to RSVP and tell me what their idea of a cozy evening would be. They all said something involving being home, snuggled in with family and something yummy to nibble on. So I thought I’d give them a push to have a cozy evening-in with these cookies in a jar!
There are about 750 million Cookies in a Jar recipes but most are very similar. I decided to use Bakerlla’s recipe.
I actually filled a jar and then dumped it out and tested these cookies before I decided to give them to the fam. You know they needed to be tested! Oh, and they passed the test with flying colors! The are AWESOME and super easy. You don’t even need a mixer!
Don’t they look like the perfect addition to a cozy evening in?
Stay Cozy Cookies in a Jar
Ingredients for Cookies
1 quart Ball Jars
Squares of fabric
Yarn or ribbon
* 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
Mix first 3 ing. and add as the first layer in the jar
* 1 cup cooking oats~second layer in the jar
* 3/4 cup m&ms~third layer in the jar
* 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips~fourth layer in the jar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed~fifth layer in the jar
* 1/2 cup white sugar~sixth layer in the jar
Pack down the layers as you add. I used a silicone baking sheet and made a funnel to help me add the ingredients without making a big mess!
I added the instructions for finishing the cookies on the lid under the fabric!
Here’s what ya do to make the cookies:
* Add 1 slightly beaten egg
* 1/2 cup butter – slightly melted
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* Mix wet ing. Into dry ing. using a big spoon and finish mixing by hand!
* Drop onto parchment lined baking sheet by the rounded teaspoon-full
* Bake at 350* until light brown
(I attached the instructions for making the cookies on the lid under the fabric!)
My daughter Emma made the Live Cozy label for me…she did a great job!
The All Things Merry and Brite Blog Party is Wednesday…the last Wednesday before Christmas! WooHoo! Come link up your Christmas or New Years posts including last minute recipes, gift ideas and party ideas! Can’t wait to see everyone’s inspiration!