Apple Crisp is a staple for fall at our house. The aroma of baking apples and cinnamon is a gift. (Apple Crisp video at the end of the post!)
Since I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, I’ve worked hard to makeover all my favorite recipes and this one is just a yummy gluten free as it was before!
If you’re eating gluten-free simply use Pamela’s Baking Mix or King Arthur’s Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, gluten free oats and gluten free white chocolate chips (or Gluten Free Butterscotch Chips)…really, how can you go wrong with apples, cinnamon, toasted pecans and white chocolate chips?
Here’s a video if you’d like to watch me make this yummy dessert!
* 1~12 ounce Butterscotch chips or White Chocolate Chips…*if you’re making it Gluten Free double check your Butterscotch Chips since not all of them are GF*
* 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
* 1/4 Cup all purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 Cup flour
* 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
* 4 Tablespoons butter (softened)
* 1 Cup Chopped Toasted Pecans
* 3/4 Cup Oats
* About 3 lbs tart apples (any apples work except Red Delicious, they aren’t that good in this!) ~ Peel & dice apples
Preheat oven to 350*. Combine butterscotch chips , brown sugar, flour and cinnamon-Mix dry ingredients and diced apples and bake for 20 minutes. While baking…mix topping.
Combine flour and brown sugar ~ cut in soft butter and mix in pecans and oats (If you need to you can mix this by hand) Spoon over apple mixture.
Bake at 20-30 minutes until bubbly and apples are tender.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream…