I’ve always wanted ramekins but didn’t want to pay a lot for them. Even the plain ones at Walmart seemed to cost too much, but the other day my daughter Bethany found some red ones at World Market. There were 4 for $2.99! That’s more like it! So here’s my first dessert in my brand new ramekins…Chocolate Molten Cakes.
I found this easy recipe at Good Housekeeping …
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 6 tablespoon(s) margarine or butter
- 4 ounce(s) semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy or whipping cream
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease eight 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons sugar.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat margarine or butter with chocolate and cream over low heat until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat; whisk in flour and vanilla until blended.
- In medium bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat eggs, egg yolks, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until very thick and pale yellow, about 10 minutes. With rubber spatula, gently fold egg mixture into chocolate mixture, one-third at a time, until blended.
- Pour batter into ramekins, filling each about three-fourths full. Place ramekins in 15 1/2″ by 10 1/2″ jelly-roll pan for easier handling. Bake 9 to 10 minutes, until edge of cake is set but center is slightly jiggly.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Run small knife around sides of ramekins. Invert onto dessert plates and serve immediately.
All my recipes are located in the pull-down menu on the left under: All Things Yumalicious!
Today I’m linking to 3 GREAT foodie-blog-parties… Tasty Tuesday over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam ~ Tempt my Tummy Tuesday over at Blessed with Grace ~ and lastly Tuesday at the Table at All The Small Stuff~ You’ll find links to a hundred recipes or more with these delightful blogs!
~Love to you my Sweet Friends as we live our legacy~one day at a time