These Oatmeal Pecan Lacey Cookies are amazing if you love chewy thin cookies!
These are 1 point for 2 cookies. I’ve made them a couple of times and didn’t use the pecans simply because I didn’t have them and they were scrumptious. Now if I put in pecans, I would toast them before I put them in the batter…
See the crispy edges? And the center is chewy! Both crispy and chewy in a single cookie!!! And they’re figure friendly! They take about 5 minutes to make and like I said, you don’t need a mixer. Just a quick and easy after school snack or after dinner treat!
Oatmeal Pecan Lace Cookies
1 1/4 cup oatmeal
**Use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oats**
1/2 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup chopped pecans (**I’d toast these for 4 minutes on 350*)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 Tablespoon salt
1/3 cup butter (melted)
1 egg ~beaten
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350* and cover a cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix oats, sugar, baking powder, pecans and salt together in a large bowl until well mixed. (you can mix with a wooden spoon!)
- Add butter, egg and vanilla to oat mixture; mix well.
- Drop teaspoonfulsof batter onto prepared cookie sheets and flatten each out, leaving at least 2-inches between each cookie. (These a small cookies Peeps but that’s ok)
- Bake cookies until edges turn golden, about 8 to 12 minutes. Let cookies stand on cookie sheets for 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Prayers for each and every Sweet One who drops in, as we live our legacy one day at a time…