This past Saturday I made this delicious Shrimp & Blue Cheese Spread that was featured in Southern Living.
I’m not a seafood lover but this spread was mild and not overwhelmingly shrimpy! From what I understand most blue cheese now days is in fact gluten free, but as always-check to make sure all of your ingredients are safe-
Aren’t they kinda cute all pink and tiny? I always get my shrimp from Publix. Have I told you lately how much I love and adore my Publix???
You chop the shrimp and just mix! It’s really easy…
* 2 1/2 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp (21/25 count)*
* 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
* 4 green onions, finely chopped
* 1 celery rib, finely chopped
* 1 cup crumbled blue cheese -Belgioioso Blue Cheese is GF
* 1 cup mayonnaise(make sure it’s GF)
* 1/2 cup sour cream(Make sure it’s GF)
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* Assorted fresh vegetables
* French bread baguette slices unless you’re eating GF-then use GF Crackers
1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
2. Sauté onion in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Transfer to a bowl, and let stand 15 minutes. Chop shrimp, and return to bowl.
3. Stir in cream cheese and next 10 ingredients. Cover and chill 4 hours. Store in an airtight container up to 2 days. Serve with vegetables and bread slices. (or Veggies and GF Crackers)
*2 1/2 lb. frozen unpeeled, large raw shrimp (21/25), thawed according to package directions, may be substituted.
The GF info from Bellgioioso is HERE