There will be no talk of healthy food this week on this blog! It’s Super Bowl (*Commercial) Weekend and the first chance to forget about healthy food since after the holidays! (*I am more interested in the commercials than the game itself!)
I think I know what I’m having…here goes~
White Chicken Chili
Peanut Butter and Fudge Brownies
Okay, I always think that everyone’s done this White Chicken Chili, but I’m going to pass along the recipe just in case…and you may as well know, there’s nothing easier and I know tons of people who have won chili-cook offs with this recipe! (And both of them have me to thank, unless they got their recipe somewhere else!) 🙂
White Chicken Chili
4(raw) chicken breasts (1 more if you like it super meaty)
32 ounces Salsa
3-4 cans Great Northern Beans (don’t drain)
8 oz. Mont. Jack Cheese (grated)
Add first 3 ing. To crock-pot and cook all day.
15 minutes before you serve: take chicken out and using 2 forks shred it.
Put chicken back in crock-pot and add cheese and stir until cheese melts.
Serve with Big Freetoes for dipping or with Little Freetoes for Chili!
Makes a big crock-pot full! ( I like to add some sour cream and more cheese!)
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for another use). Place potatoes skins on a greased baking sheet. Combine oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper; brush over both sides of skins. Bake at 475 degrees F for 7 minutes; turn. Bake until crisp, about 7 minutes more. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins. Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions. Serve immediately.(Recipe from All Recipe.com)
Go to this link at Epicurious (picture thanks to Epicurious!) I usually change something about a recipe! On this one I’m using creamy peanut butter and leaving out the peanuts in the brownies…this way they’ll be like reverse peanutbutter cups! Can you say Yumalicious!?
So there you have it! What are you snacking on this Sunday? If you’ve done a post on it add your address to the comment so we can go see!